In today’s environment, many people are asking how to sanitize every surface in their house. The method below is from an article on Kitchn (https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-clean-and-disinfect-granite-countertops-cleaning-lessons-from-the-kitchn-202159)
We thought we would share
What You Need
- Warm water
- Mild or gentle dish soap
- Dish cloth
- Clean microfiber cloth or terrycloth towel
- Isopropyl alcohol (optional)
- Spray bottle (optional)
- Wet your dish cloth with warm, soapy water: Fill the sink with warm water and a mild dish soap, then thoroughly wet a clean dish cloth.
- Wipe down the granite countertops: You don’t need us to tell you how to do this part. Just wipe away any spills or crumbs on your countertop!
- Dry with a microfiber cloth to avoid streaking: Dry and buff your granite countertop thoroughly with a microfiber cloth or soft terry cloth towel to avoid streaking.
- Make a water and isopropyl alcohol solution: To periodically disinfect your granite countertops, remove soap residue, and restore shine, mix together a 50:50 solution of water and 91% isopropyl alcohol.
- Shine and disinfect: Spray the solution onto the granite, allow it to sit for 3-5 minutes, then rinse with water and dry with a clean microfiber cloth.
- Enjoy!: Your nice, shiny, clean granite countertops are ready to go.